Assistant Technical Authority
Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
· Definition and configuration control of the Combat System Design
· Support the CSC Zonal Review programme leading to final Compartment Plan Approval (CPA)
· Support in the technical management of Combat System Suppliers including design reviews
· Leadership and co-ordination of CSC Combat System and Wholeship design, and assurance reviews
· Lead on resolution of key Combat System Technical issues
· Provide assurance of the Combat System Physical Integration and Acceptance activities
· Technical risk assessment and mitigation – checking coherency across all engineering domains
· Reviewing key supplier engineering deliverables
· Support to CSC CS TA in achieving Certification
Your skills and experiences:
· Experience of CS physical integration, understanding the constraints and challenges of putting the equipment onto the ship
· Understanding of the Combat System as a System of Systems & how it is integrated.
· Understanding of Engineering and Defence Standards
· Understanding of configuration control & application
· Understanding of Requirements & Acceptance, and LCM
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Combat Systems Team:
As an Assistant Technical Authority – TA you will report to for the physical integration aspects of the combat system of the CSC project. Providing technical direction for allocated technical CSC combat systems, responsibility for Requirements & Acceptance & safety for the CSC Combat Systems. You will support the CSC CS TA & product safety certification & environmental activities. Ensure that Combat System engineering meets the Lifecycle Management Governance and reporting requirements of the Company and the Authority.
If Interested in the role for Assistant Technical Authority please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to email@example.com