Electrical Design Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
The Electrical Design Engineer role will have the ability to technically analyse the functionality and suitability of a design solution, in line with the specified technical and legislative requirements, and generate a range of formal documents for customer approval.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Production of the necessary design documentation to substantiate the design and application to the project (performance calculations, test plans, material and component selection justifications, etc.).
• Document the technical compliance of the electrical design to the customer’s specifications, including (but not limited to) Safety and Legislative compliance.
• Work with the mechanical design engineers to ensure a completely integrated solution is developed.
• Follow the design process to ensure all mitigations and approvals of the design are in place at the correct stage.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree Qualified, or equivalent experience, with MOD or Aerospace/Defence or Marine Technical experience (min 5 years)
• Power & Electrical Design capability – Including System design & Component Selection
• Proven Control and Instrumentation design capability
• Relevant experience – Variable Speed Drives, Motor Starter panels, Distribution systems and PLC systems.
• FMEA & Safety Capabilities – Ability to write and carry out Safety Assessments + Reliability analysis
• An understanding of Testing & Automation
• Experience with National Instruments (NI) Hardware & Labview would be advantageous
• Ability to use E-Plan & Solidworks Electrical would be advantageous
Skills and Knowledge
• Must work well within a team and be able to follow instructions, but also have the ability to work on their own initiative to progress tasks
• Must have a working knowledge of the Machinery Directive and associated Standards is required.
• Alternative CAD system experience may be considered as training could be provided to the right candidate.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be accountable for producing technical documentation to an acceptable standard with the correct level of technical input to analyse the functionality and suitability of a design solution in line the specified technical and legislative requirements.
British Passport Required / No Dual Nationalities
If Interested in the role of Electrical Design Engineer please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman on 02039093781 to discuss further or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org