Electrical Project Design Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
My client based near to Newhaven are looking to expand their team with an electrical project design engineer for designing and project controlling the range of products including specialist equipment for Cleanrooms, Laboratories and Hospitals.
Location: Near Newhaven
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 Des depend on experience.
Qualifications for the Electrical Project Design Engineer
- ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering minimum (or equivalent engineering qualification) and preferably (not essential) with an Engineering Apprenticeship
Engineering Experience for the Electrical Project Design Engineer
• Minimum 3 to 5 years electrical design experience with design experience in some (or preferably all) the following areas advantageous
• Electrical design of company machines and design of controls systems (after liaison with sales).Design including panel and remote component layout design (in liaison with the Mechanical colleagues)
• Production of electrical designs and wiring diagrams to relevant international electrical standards (or on a project related basis to Customers specific standards) and selection of appropriate components e.g. PLC, contactors, terminals, cabling, power supplies etc. All drawings to include ID tagging etc.
• Basic pneumatic design appreciation.
•Some PLC software design (Current company standard PLCs are Unitronic and Mitsubishi).
• Must have an appreciation of Mechanical elements (e.g. fans, solenoid valves, etc.)
• Production of working designs and drawings and parts lists for the Production team,
• Production of purchase parts lists for the Purchasing Manager
• Liaising with Customer by way of issuance of drawings for approval and appropriate e-mail and telephonic communications. Production (electrical elements) of O&M manuals for the Customer
• Production of RAMS (electrical elements) for installation team.
• Working upon more than one project at same time, sometimes multiple projects
• Providing support to the Production Manager by way of Project control (electrical elements) of project(s) to achieve delivery dates, correct quality, and within financial constraints.
• Must be proficient in 2D Auto Cad (3D an advantage but not essential).
• Must be willing to attend customers’ sites for various duties such as site surveys, supporting installations, commissioning and sales support to sales department. (Visits are mostly within the UK but (very) occasionally overseas. These visits may include occasional overnight stays away from home).
• Must be computer literate and able to use regular office programmes such as word excel, pdf etc.
• Being able to drive (with clean licence) preferable; but not essential.
• Must be permitted to work legally within the UK. (Any overseas travel restrictions to be highlighted upon application)
The company is a small company and each member has his/her core skills but is expected to have other skills and being willing
Hours of Work39 hours per week.
8.30 AM to 5.30 PM Monday to Thursday.
8.30 AM to 1.30 PM on Friday.
Lunchtime: ½ hour (Monday to Thursday).
Holidays: 20 working days paid holiday in addition to Bank and Public holidays each calendar year.
If interested in the Electrical Project Design Engineer position please contact Andrew Wilson at Hudson Shribman