Website Hudson Shribman
Would you like to work within one of our key IM&T teams that is responsible for the development of critical data integrations and support of the business’ multi-consumer Data Warehouse? We have exciting opportunities for ETL Developers within the Naval Ships IM&T function based at any UK location, with potential hybrid working at one of our main sites in Glasgow, Bristol or Portsmouth.
As an ETL Developer, you will develop new ETL/ELT components, maintain & support existing components and further develop and maintain the business’ multi-consumer Data Warehouse. Your work within the team will help to shape the future of the business’ data management capability.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects, delivering for all parts of the business programme and opportunities to develop within the wider business.
Your main responsibilities as a ETL Developer will involve:
• Gathering requirements and analysing them in order to produce optimum technical design solutions.
• Engaging in the full software development lifecycle, undertake the development of Data Integration components using ETL/ELT in accordance with the relevant processes and quality requirements to deliver integration solutions.
• Continuing to develop, support and maintain the enterprise Data Warehouse in line with the business’ requirements and best practice.
• Providing support to the development teams, the IM&T function and the wider business.
• Providing subject matter expertise (SME) to support company-wide strategy and decision-making.
Your skills and qualifications:
• Proven track record of developing ETL/ELT solutions, ideally using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), although experience in other commercial ETL tools will be considered.
• Excellent SQL and PL-SQL skills.
• Oracle Database skills.
• Ability to work with XML and associated technologies.
• SOAP and RESTful web services.
• Data warehouse methodologies.
• Data modelling/architecture/dimension modelling (Kimball).
• Experience of requirements gathering and analysis.
• Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
• ITIL trained to minimum of foundation level.
• Experience of working in a similar role or environment.
What we are looking for in you:
An experienced ETL developer with a keen eye for detail, who is a self-motivated team player and has a determination to succeed. Someone who has the ability to work under pressure in a challenging and evolving business. Will possess strong communication skills with all levels of the business, both oral and
Location: Any UK location, with potential hybrid working at one of our main sites in Glasgow, Bristol or Portsmouth.
Salary: Up to £55,000 dpending on skills and experience
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.