Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman are working with a fantastic company that have an exciting new opportunity for a Fabrication Technician to join their team in Woodley, Reading.
The Fabrication Technician uses traditional methodology to make automotive items including, but not limited to, bespoke exhaust and manifold systems, fuel, oil and water pipes, bracketry, seat frames and similar for classic vintage cars. The purpose of the role is to produce high quality exhausts and other car parts to the exacting standards required by our high net worth customers.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in and obtaining supplies of aluminium and steel used in the Fabrication department.
- Manufacture and set up jigs and fixtures to perform required tasks.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints and mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into plans using measuring equipment as required.
- TIG weld to company’s specifications
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed to drawings/patterns.
- Check and maintain equipment daily to ensure ongoing functionality at all times observe Health and Safety best practices in accordance with company’s Health and Safety Policy
- 3-5 years’ experience of quality fabrication in aluminium and steel.
- Problem solving as this relates to the production of small batch, high precision parts
Technical skills and specialized knowledge:
- TIG, MIG and Gas welding
- Interpret various forms of manufacturing technical drawings.
- Understanding of geometric tolerance.
- Handheld inspection equipment including Vernier calipers, micrometres, height / bore gauges etc.
Educational attainment and qualifications:
- Apprenticeship in fabrication or in mechanical or auto- mechanical engineering
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £16- £18 p/h depending on experience
NEST Pension with company contribution
20 days leave inc bank holidays plus additional holiday purchase scheme
Free onsite parking,