Group Parts Manager
Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman are working with a fantastic company that have an exciting new opportunity for a Group Parts Manage to join their team in Woodley, Reading.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Group Parts Manager is a hands-on role that will require the incumbent to take the lead in ensuring continued growth and profitability internationally in this area of the business and will involve the following:
- Proactively observe and develop sales growth, cost limitation and enhanced profit margins both from faster moving items and high value slower moving components.
- To oversee and develop promotional sales opportunities including advertising events, website content development and management etc.
- Overseeing the procurement team to ensure cost effective and streamlined processes are adhered to.
- High level liaison with suppliers where required.
- Ensuring a smooth and satisfactory interaction and communication between the machine shop and parts procurement team.
- Facilitating and promoting the conversion of parts sales to workshop sales.
In addition, the Group Parts Manager will be expected to:
- To ensure that the Parts department is adequately staffed to achieve works schedules targets and deadlines relative to meeting customer needs.
- Facilitate the orientation of new team members by familiarizing them with their work surroundings and job expectations.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our loyal customers, ensuring that the Parts team goes out of its way to anticipate customer information needs and therefore delight them by our proactive approach
- Facilitate the training and development of team members in the department, by providing feedback and coaching to support improvements in their job performance.
- Conduct performance reviews for Parts team members
- Evaluate the impact of delays in the supply of parts and work with other departments heads to come up with contingency plans.
- Monitor parts sales on a daily basis to ensure that the parts team is on track to deliver parts sales targets.
- Plan and prepare budgets for the Parts department, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
Staff reporting to the role of Group Parts Manager
Initially the following staff will report to this role
- International Parts Buyer
- Parts Sales Specialist
- Parts Purchasing Specialist
- Stock Controller and Despatcher
Salary: From £40,000 – £45,000 inc bonus (details tbc during interview process)
NEST Pension with company contribution
28 days leave inc Bank Holidays plus additional holiday purchase scheme
Free onsite parking
Working hours: Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm)