Hardware Support Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Your main responsibilities as a Hardware Support Engineer will involve:
• Organising and carrying out visits to operational and training platforms for regular health checks and defect rectification.
• Conducting Submarine Command System (SMCS) Project Equipment Installations, Set-to-Work and Modification Activities.
• Supporting liaison with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters.
• Being the face of the project to the end user.
Your skills and qualifications:
• Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment
• Hardware repair knowledge, identifying and repairing COTS and bespoke hardware running Windows
• Defect identification and rectification of hardware items
• Configuration Management and asset tracking
• Experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
• Willing to travel to support tasks in the UK and abroad
• Knowledge of defence systems
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
What we are looking for in you:
• Highly motivated individual with a desire to succeed
• Excellent communication skills dealing with people and organisations at different levels
• Customer Focus through understanding of needs and programme drivers
• Flexible and adaptable
• Works well under pressure and time management
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive. Employee Referral Scheme bonus = (if applicable)