Human Factors Support Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Human Factors Support Engineer
Location: Radway Green Crewe, Cheshire, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Human Factors programme of work to ensure compliance with Regulatory (HSE) requirements
- Conducting human failure/reliability analyses for safety-critical processes across the business and liaising with operational and engineering functions to identify and implement risk reduction measures
- Developing Human Factors awareness across the business and providing training and guidance to others where necessary
- Supporting the creation of procedural documentation to formalise Human Factors working practices including Business Management Policies and guidance across the operational spectrum
- Providing advice on the usability of standard operating procedures and exchange of critical information
- Exploiting best practice’ in Human Factors activities from other high hazard industries
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and experience of Human Factors in a Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience of using Hierarchical Task Analysis and Human Failure/Reliability Analysis techniques
- Experience of working within a manufacturing/ heavy engineering/ high hazard environment or regulated industry
- Knowledge and experience of COMAH Regulations and in particular familiarity with the Human Factors Operational Delivery Guide
- Experience of providing Human Factors expertise in accident or incident investigations
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Land UK Human Factors team:
You will join a growing capability providing specialist technical knowledge and ensuring that Human Factors aspects are integrated in all stages of design, review and operation across multiple manufacturing and engineering sites, you will have the opportunity to influence and shape Human Factors activities across the business, as well as the chance to help improve existing processes. You will be fully supported in your professional development with the chance for excellent career progression opportunities in the future.
This role will require travel to our Glascoed new Newport South Wales site and other UK sites within the Land UK organisation.