Information Security Specialist
Website Hudson Shribman
Information Security Specialist
Are you interested in managing the Security Accreditation of a programme at varying points in the lifecycle? Can you dedicate your efforts to ensuring products meet Information Assurance requirements and that Security Risks are reduced to an acceptable level? Would you like to work with advanced and innovative technologies, plus dedicated and creative colleagues, to minimise the risk of both cyber threats and social attacks? We currently have a vacancy for an Information Security Specialist across our Naval Ships sites within the UK.
As an Information Security Specialist, you aim will be to ensure our products across the Maritime Sector are secure by design, achieve security accreditation and maintain security through-life.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to liaise with stakeholders, influence engineering design, produce evidence in support of accreditation, provide advice and guidance to shape technical solutions and support embedding our security culture across the business.
Your main responsibilities as an Information Security Specialist will involve:
- Supporting the design of the security architecture to ensure products are secure by design
- Liaising with the system accreditor(s) and stakeholders to manage expectations, ensuring that security requirements are met and the security risk is reduced to acceptable level
- Co-constructing security principles for the project solution to work within
- Producing documentation such as product security architecture and Risk Management & Accredited Document Set (RMADS) in support of accreditation
- Connecting with bid proposal team to provide guidance on security relevant aspects
- Contributing to the wider Product Security Department delivering awareness material and presentations and speaking at Special Interest Groups, improving processes
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience in ensuring security within complex networked systems
- Fundamental understanding of traditional information technology and industrial control systems, how they may connect together, different protocols, operating systems and applications
- A good understanding of suggested Security Frameworks and Methodologies
- Good technical understanding of systems and how their security aspects are applied and affect performance
- Ability to identify and investigate technology to understand security vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them
- Solid systems engineering experience and background
- Understanding of Virtualised systems (Exposure to VMware products)
- Exposure to securing thin or zero client environments
- Good knowledge and understanding of security risk assessments and RMADS (Risk Management and Accredited Document Set) and the accreditation process
- Familiarity of Defence Standards/Security Regulations such as JSP440, JSP604 or, other security standards such as ISO27000 and NIST
What we are looking for in you:
- A flexible and adaptive individual with excellent communication, high attention to detail and strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
Location: UK Naval Ships Sites Considered
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.