Website Hudson Shribman
The role of PCB Assembler is specialising in PCB rework / assembly, and to build the full range of our clients products within recommended assembly build times and ensuring the highest level of quality standards throughout the production process.
The Role and Role Specific Competencies for PCB Assembler:
- To assemble the constituent parts of the products from PCB level through sub assembly to finished units, following Company engineering drawings. (In-house PCB level assembly is limited with the majority of PCB’s being externally supplied).
- To understand and build to wiring schedules, using appropriate meters, where required, to check assembled work.
- To highlight any specification or design error through the Cell Co-ordinators or Departmental Manager or directly with the Production Engineering team.
- To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality System procedures and standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
- To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports ie Observation Reports, Engineering Change requests etc in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
- To establish effective working relations with all departments, ie Production Engineering, Stores, Quality etc to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of assembly related issues.
- To provide assistance and support to other Assembly staff when requested, to complete specific activities.
- To understand and follow all Manufacturing Department administrative procedures and maintain records via the systems provided.
- To understand and use Company IT resources, ie Intranet, ERP system in support of day-to-day activities such as part enquiries, stock search, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Able to read and interpret Engineering drawings
- Previous manufacturing assembly experience, including soldering and crimping
- Proven ability to use production equipment, ie soldering irons, crimps, etc Surface mount experience
- IT literate
- Attention to detail
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work well with others
- Good communication skills: written and verbal
- Good manual dexterity
- NVQ Level 3 in Electronics or equivalent IPC 3 J Standard
If Interested in the role for PCB Assembler, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org