Principal Materials Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Principal Engineer – Materials
Location: Scotstoun – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- To provide advice to system designers on material selection and will be familiar with legislation affecting the use of materials including for example, CoSHH regulations, REACH, and RoHS.
- Production of Technical Justification Statements for use of materials which are nominally non-compliant with project requirements but which we must use to confer advantage to our Product
Your skills and experiences:
- Qualification in Materials Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry or other related STEM subject as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications.
- Recognition as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution, or working towards such registration. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
- Experience in a Materials Engineering / Science role and significant materials selection and/or materials management experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience of dealing with polymers
- Metallurgy experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
If Interested in the role for Principal Materials Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org