Principal Outfit Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Principal Engineer – Outfit
Location: Scotstoun. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead activities to meet the Zx programme and CPA process, including compartment design and integration tasks in line with process and quality requirements.
- Line management of the engineering team
- Manage product safety hazards within area of responsibility
- Oversee the preparation of technical equipment specifications and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers, detail designers and operations on the integration of outfit systems during design and build.
- Support and attend equipment trials.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience and knowledge of Naval Ship Outfit systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
- Experience of working with multiple project stakeholders at various levels
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience likely to be in a technology, engineering, or science related discipline.
- Proven experience of ZX and CPA process
- Experience writing and reviewing technical reports and specifications
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Outfit team:
As a Principal Engineer – Outfit, you will undertake a defined range of whole ship – integration activities including Outfit systems, compartment design and integration activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements. Supplying advice and support to internal and external customers ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.