Principal Software Integration Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Software Integration Engineer will involve:
- Integrating software applications into system builds to deliver system capability
- Installing software on local integration facilities
- Supporting systems at UK test sites and on board Royal Navy ships
- Demonstrating system integrity with both scripted and informal testing
- Supporting usage of representative target hardware
- Investigating system issues, providing solutions yourself or through collaboration with other Engineering teams in the organisation
- Releasing system builds for use on ship
Your skills and qualifications:
Excellent knowledge and understanding of Software System Integration
Familiar with Windows 7/10/Server 2008/2012/2016 functionality
Ability to methodically investigate a symptom to understand and isolate the root cause
Ability to quickly understand how areas of a complex system work
Experience with Virtual machines and VMware ESXi
Understanding of networks (architecture and protocols)
Use of OS diagnostic tools (e.g. for Windows, Perfmon and the SysInternals tools)
What we are looking for in you:
You will be an excellent problem solver, capable of applying past experience to support the understanding and investigation of new issues. Your determination will ensure you are not fazed by complexity. Your communication and interpersonal skills will include the ability to work effectively with others.
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.