Purchasing Lead (CIPS)
Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman are looking for a Purchasing Lead
Key Objective: To lead/guide and execute the function and operate as a hands-on Buyer within the small team.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that purchasing are an integrated function and represented at meetings, being proactive in the data provided to enable best-case decisions to be made.
- Ensure that the team reflect delivery dates in line with requirements highlighted at handover meetings and raise any concerns in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Quality Engineer to develop and agree a supplier grading system and ensure that this is maintained and utilised.
- Identify and utilise best-practice and ensure that this is communicated and utilised throughout the team.
- Manage the workload, identifying at an early stage if the function will become a bottleneck within the business, the implement resolutions.
- Devise suitable KPI’s in conjunction with peers to ensure that visual management techniques are adopted and early warnings issued if a problem is identified.
Purchasing Lead Requirement
• To order parts in a timely manner to suit machine build schedule and spares requirements
• To make good commercial judgement on part prices and delivery to ensure the best options are utilised for the business
• To react to any urgent requirements and ensure best price/delivery is obtained
• Build relationships with local suppliers to ensure that we get priority service when needed.
• Ensure that suppliers are aware of errors and the cost associated with these.
• Expedite deliveries when required.
• Deliver on-time and within budget to your customer (internal)
Must Have –
• Knowledge of using MRP system
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and the approximation of the probable cost of items.
• Ability to negotiate with suppliers on price and delivery and investigate price break options
• Management/Supervisory skills
• Holistic overview and an understanding of interrelated projects – balanced approach
• Focused and driven individual
• Attention to detail.
• Goal orientated
• Decision maker
• Worked within a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read engineering drawings.
• Computer literacy – MS suite plus ERP/MRP knowledge
• Good mathematics skills
• Team Player
• Self-Starter who can work under pressure
• Clear and concise in both written and oral dialogue.
• Demonstratable success in previous roles