Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
This role will also involve the hands-on’ design aspects a Senior Electrical design engineer, both overlooking the electrical design of products whilst implementing de-risking and design proving techniques to ensure the design is fit for purpose and compliant with all technical and legislative requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Take responsibility for the technical compliance of the electrical design to the customer’s specifications, including (but not limited to) Safety and Legislative compliance.
• Take a senior Principal’ role and responsibility in design / project reviews by ensuring suitable data is available for the review and running them in a professional manor.
• Production of the necessary design documentation to substantiate the design and application to a project (performance calculations, test plans, material and component selection justifications, etc.) to a high standard and can pass the necessary technical reviews.
• Internal Engineering Management of Project Teams: Overlooking the everyday planning and micro-managing of engineering team members on a day-by-day basis, ensuring the correct quality of work is being produced and in the timescales agreed.
• External Engineer Management: Overlooking the planning and remote management of Contractors (Sub-contractors / Design Houses), ensuring the correct quality of work is being produced and in the timescales agreed.
• Customer Interface: Priority Management of the customers’ requirements: Regular communication (project calls, feedback on issues / progress), Hosting meetings – formal & informal reviews (Design Reviews, etc.).
• Liaising with other Internal Departments: Priority Management, Problem solving / resolution provision (i.e. manufacturing issues, etc.), Business goals (Milestone activities for payments), Close working with Projects team.
• Standards: Help in the definition and production of defined engineering standards, Active implementation of these standards to all projects.
• The role also includes Design Engineering activities to support the various projects as and when required, including: advising on the technical compliance of the electrical design to the customer’s specifications, including (but not limited to) Safety and Legislative compliance, production of Electrical schematic / circuit diagrams to support the conceptual design and conversion to manufacture, production of the necessary design documentation to substantiate the design and application to a project (performance calculations, test plans, material and component selection justifications, etc.).
• Work with Project Managers and the Technical Manager to ensure effective allocation of tasks.
• Ensure that the team’s deliverables are of the required quality and delivered to projects on time and within budget.
• Alongside Project Managers, manage the day to day flow of operations within the team. Maintain high levels of motivation within the team and be responsible for the welfare of team members.
• With the assistance of the Technical Manager develop team members through regular reviews, mentoring and identification of training needs and assist in the monitoring of PDP activities of individual engineers.
• Manage the use of engineering tools (E-Plan, PDM works, etc.) and identify / implement process improvements as required.
• Assist in the recruitment of permanent and contract personnel. Ensure the team adheres to company policies and procedures.
• Be a hands on Senior Electrical Engineer providing design solutions and guidance to other members of the team.
British Passport Required / No Dual Nationalities
If Interested in the role of Senior Electrical Design Engineer please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman on 02039093781 to discuss further or send an up to date CV to email@example.com