Senior Product Environment Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Product Environmental Engineer Varying levels available
Location: Portsmouth – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Exercising delegated responsibility for the product environmental management of a number of specified projects
- Providing product environmental expertise to a number of specified projects
- Generating all the required product environmental documentation including environmental statements, hazard logs, environmental assessments, environmental cases, inventory of hazardous materials, environmental impact assessments, compliance matrices & reports
- Contributing to the pool of safety & environmental expertise within Combat Systems Engineering
- Supporting the internal environmental management systems
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree/HNC level or equivalent experience in an Engineering discipline
- Demonstratable experience in a product environmental role, within a maritime domain
- Materials Management experience
- Internal auditing/lead auditor experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Product Environmental team:
This role will be working on part of the Combat Systems product environmental system. You will be involved in assessing materials used in commercial off the shelf and bespoke products, looking at the environmental impact assessment & risk registers and from this produce environmental impact statements.
The nature of the products and types of materials you will be using are novel, which makes this role very exciting and unique.