Senior Project Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Senior Project Engineer – Seamanship
Location: Govan & Scotstoun
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsibility for technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options for seamanship systems
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Seamanship systems
- Make Engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Undertake general business and other design and integration activities, in support of maturing the design, as directed by Line Management
- Answer technical queries about your responsibilities, within their level of knowledge and competency
Your skills and experiences:
- Substantial experience in engineering or a defence related industry
- Good working experience in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
- Good people management skills and experienced in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Experience of liaising with external stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of most aspects within current discipline
- Promotes coherent engineering Best for Project standards
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Project Engineering team:
As a Senior Project Engineer, you will be playing a key role in supplying advice and support to internal and external customers ensuring defined targets are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and cost. We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Engineer at our site in Govan/Scotstoun – in Glasgow.
You will be involved in a range of activities including system development and verification, compartment design and system integration activities, in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements.
This role will also provide you with the opportunity to progress your career.
If Interested in the role for Senior Project Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org