Senior Sales Manager
Website Hudson Shribman
Our client is an established specialist design and manufacturing business with sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting edge and serves the surveillance and defence industries with products that aid specific client requirements.
• Manage all aspects of the sales process for the Land business sector Worldwide except for North America
• Deal directly with end users and system prime contractors / systems integrators
• Identify product and systems sales opportunities
• Provide opportunity focused forecasts
• Prepare briefing papers to enable an open bid / no bid decision
• Work with the bid team to Produce business winning proposals
• Close Land systems purchase opportunities
• Prepare budgets and sales forecast for the Land sector
• Provide an input to the strategic and profitable development of the Land sector
• Engage with the Land business sector systems engineering team to ensure project and product developments are aimed towards meeting market demands and specific customer requirements
• Manage the production of proposal and marketing material to promote the Land sector Hawkeye systems
• Select and recommend representative organisations in overseas territories
• Provide monthly reporting to include Visits undertaken and planned, Opportunity pipeline, Competitor analysis, Reports for company representatives & Business capture plan and forecast
• Present a comprehensive Land sector sales business plan per annum
• Provide input to a Chess customer database
• Coordinate, plan and attend relevant exhibitions and assume responsibility for the Land sector of any company exhibition stand
• Maintain the Land sector enquiry management system in conjunction with the Sales Support Manager
• Work as an integral part of the Chess sales and marketing team
The Successful Applicant will:
• Have market knowledge and presence within UK MoD.
• Have a proven track record of successful sales gained for high performance products
• Have a Customer and Marketing shared focus.
• Work well under pressure and build strong team / relationships to manage customer expectations.
• Have an ability to self-motivate and sustain the passion and desire to win whilst managing long sales cycles.
• Have an ability to understand customers and their needs to communicate information in a comprehensive manner.
• Strong customer relationship building skills and understanding of their challenges
• Broad understanding of emerging technologies (software, hardware, network) and their potential relevance to Chess products & services.
• MoD and government agency experience highly desirable.
• Experience in Bid & Tender processes.
• Experience in nurturing senior executive and political level relationships.
• Ability to maintain high ethical standards.
• Experience in proposing advance technology solutions.
• Customer focused – the ability to manage and be responsible for high profile customers.
• Demonstrated skills in managing a multitude of complex projects and ability to prioritize accordingly.
• Strategic thinker, who recognizes business opportunities and their potential impact on the overall business.
Person Spec – Key Skills:
• Proven leadership skills as well as impact and influence.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to rapidly understand situations, negotiate actions and reach successful outcomes.
• Demonstrates our company values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Courage.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audience.
• Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail.
• Demonstrable initiative/innovation in problem solving.
• The ability to work independently when required.
• A flexible, conscientious, and diligent attitude.
• Have a high energy level and be results-driven.
• Proven ability to work through conflict, build trust and influence outcomes through outstanding interpersonal skills at all levels.
• A resilient and adaptable approach at all times.
Work life balance:
• 37.5 hour week
• Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
• Early finish on Fridays
• 26 days annual leave (including 4 Golden Fridays per calendar year)
Family & Wellbeing Standard Benefits – All employees:
• Group Pension Plan – up to 4% matched employer contributions
• Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
• Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including; remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, physiotherapy consultations
• Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline
• Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme
• Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
• Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing
• Regular Sports and social activities
• Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub)
• Recruitment recommendation bonus
• Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
• Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations