Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Senior Scheduler
Location: Scotstoun or Govan (Glasgow)
What you’ll be doing:
- Translation of the ship design into Level 1/Level 2 schedules, logic, resourcing & budget
- Responsible for delivery of an enabled network schedule in line with the Integrated Master Schedule, declared cardinal dates and Quarterly look-ahead aspirations
- Responsible for the allocation of task budgets & alignment of work scope budgets with Project/CAM (Control Account Manager) targets
- Accountable for maintaining quality standards within Plans and compliance to governance measures
- Provide key support and guidance to the CAM and IPT Managers through regular engagement and a visible presence on the Floor as the project moves through all phases, Engineering, Supply Chain, Build, Commissioning and Acceptance
- Be informed and able to validate, advise & challenge progress & completion forecasts, identifying schedule risk and required enablers
Your skills and experiences:
- Understanding of Planning structures and principles (WBS, PBS (Product Breakdown Structure)
- Advanced IT skills and proficient in the use of Primavera P6
- Excellent communication skills with proven stakeholder relationship management background
- Experience in Defence or related complex Engineering or Production environment
- Detailed knowledge of the business phases of engineering, supply chain, Build, Commissioning and Acceptance
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
As a Senior Scheduler you will be responsible for the development and definition of Project activities which allow the assigning of resource and application of workable logic within the planning toolset. Liaising directly with the key project stakeholders you will monitor feedback and report on the network schedules to both internal and external customers. You will be responsible for the development & definition of Level 1 or Level 2 schedules from Statement of Work (SOW) / Project Control Account requirements aligning to the Naval Ships WBS.
The Scheduling team offers exciting career opportunities in this critical skill area and associated development activity. In this role you will be a key part of the PMO delivering on a fast paced programme.