Senior Software Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: New Malden, Surrey
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing software requirements, creating software design updates to support software implementation, and ensuring that the overall system will behave according to its requirements
- Writing software according to coding standards and maintaining existing software by investigating issues and identifying pragmatic solutions
- Writing software test schedules and running them to test the system, demonstrating compliance with the requirements
- Documenting appropriate information, so that others can understand the software and the system.
- Contributing to process improvement within the team to ensure that the team always looks to improve how it works
- Liaising with other team members, teams and customers to ensure key information is understood
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience with programming frameworks such as Ada, C++, C# or .net
- Extensive experience working in Software Development
- Experience of Structured Software Design, using formal methods
- Experience Software Integration & Testing
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Software Engineering team:
Working on a range of development activities to develop additional capability, update and support the Submarine Command Systems (SMCS). This system allows submarines to gain situational awareness via Tactical Picture Compilation and weapons management capability for the Royal Navy flotilla including Trafalgar, Astute and Vanguard class submarines as well as future classes including Dreadnought.
If Interested in the role for Senior Software Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.email@example.com