Senior System Integration Administrator
Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
• To lead the team of Shared Infrastructure System Administrators (Data Centre and Networks) and coordinating members of the Royal Navy Communications and Information Systems (CIS) Specialist ships company as appropriate.
• Lead the development and implementation of Network Infrastructure Service Management processes to enable operation and testing of the T26 Combat System at Portsdown and onboard ships.
• Support ITIL Change Management activities including the development of processes and evolution of toolsets.
• Undertake formal integration trials to demonstrate Whole Ship and Integration Requirements (WSR & ITR) associated with Shared Infrastructure, hosted Combat System equipment
Your skills and experiences:
• Knowledge and experience of Virtualisation Technologies, Networks, Software Configuration and Release Management.
• Knowledge of key technologies / protocols including VMware, ESXI, ESXTOP, VMware Horizon, SAN, DNS, DHCP, IP, Switching/Routing, Security, HTTP, NTP, VDI (PCoIP / RDP / VNC) etc.
• Experience working with Switches (Juniper & Dell), Routers, Firewalls, Servers, Fibre Optics, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet).
• Understanding of ITIL Service Management – preferably qualified to ITIL Foundation level with experience of BMC Remedy. Experience of leading a team operating, testing and integration of IT Hardware and Software, preferably in a Defence Environment.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
The Maritime Naval Ships team:
As a Senior System Integration Administrator you will be at the front of the combat system programme for first of class and ships shaping the approach to combat system admin for both company and customer.
If Interested in the role for Senior System Integration Administrator, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org