Senior Systems Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Overall Purpose of the role:
As an experienced Senior Systems Engineer, the role will require leadership within the full System design and development life cycle which includes electrical and electronic systems, hardware, and embedded software. The role is also expected to drive continuous improvement of systems engineering within the broader engineering team through mentoring, training, and process improvement.
• Champion the systems engineering discipline within the engineering team, providing continuous improvement to processes, mentoring/training of staff and providing recommendations to the Engineering Manager.
• Support project managers in the formation of project plans, estimates, identification and management of risk/issues, project reporting and adherence to schedule and cost
• Identify cost and schedule reduction opportunities during project planning and through project lifecycle
• Solicit from stakeholders and derive system level functional and performance requirements at the outset of projects and manage compliance through-life.
• Support the team in the analysis, breakdown and derivation of requirements for lower level subsystems and engineering disciplines
• Provide system architectural designs and trade off analyses
• Take technical leadership of multi-discipline engineering design projects and provide guidance to other engineers during development project phases, keeping the Engineering Manager and Director informed of emergent issues as appropriate.
• Engage with supply chain, production and test departments throughout the development process to optimise design for manufacture and test
• Lead design reviews with customers
• Take a hands-on leadership role in the planning and execution of integration, validation and verification, compliance and commissioning aspects of the products
• Provide line management and career coaching of direct reports as required.
The Successful Applicant will:
• Strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline
• Demonstrable passion for the systems engineering discipline
• Demonstrable understanding and experience in requirements capture and through-life management
• At least 5 years’ experience of systems engineering on multidisciplinary projects
• At least 5 years’ experience of cradle to grave product development, including verification and validation and beyond
• Proven experience of leading and successfully delivering multi-disciplinary projects.
• Design experience in products requiring combined mechanical, electronic and software components.
• Evidence of drive and initiative for continuous improvement
• Good all-round practical understanding of electrical and electronics systems.
• Demonstrates our company values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Courage
• Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail
• The ability to work independently when required
• A flexible, conscientious, and diligent attitude
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
• A resilient and adaptable approach at all times
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
What’s on Offer:
A competitive salary with benefits including:
• 37.5 hours per week and early finish on Fridays
• We operate a flexible approach for employees with the opportunity for partial remote/hybrid working
• Recruitment Referral bonus
• 26 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
• Group Personal Pension Salary Sacrifice scheme
• Income Protection Scheme
• Life Cover
• Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme
• Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Wellbeing initiatives
• On-site parking
• High-Street Discounts Scheme
If Interested in the role for Senior Systems Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org