Senior Systems Tools Engineer
Website Resourcing Global Solutions Limited
What you’ll be doing:
- To undertake system and software tool activities that support the work of the T26 Integration Team including establishing new toolsets, defining new tools environments, regular toolset maintenance and tool functionality development to meet the needs of the team at the T26 Land Based Integration Facility (LBIF) and on ship
- Ensure that IBMs Rational Quality Manager, BMC Remedy, Tasktop and other tools used by the team are available for use on a daily basis and that suitable backup/recovery measures are taken to protect the integrity of the data
- Work with the enterprise IT provision organisations to ensure that the tools, tools environments and service provision are all delivered to the required standard to support the expectation of the programme
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of system design to create a working system within the business on Windows and Linux servers with awareness of system security and application of SSL and SSO.
- Requires software skills that enable systems to be manufactured with different components, applications, languages and operating systems.
- The script based languages currently include Python, PowerShell. DBA knowledge and design is required for MS SQL.
- Software integration for tools maintenance and the application maintenance of IBM’s ELM and BMC Remedy.
- Software design and capture with UML.
- Awareness of system security and application of SSL and SSO.
- Able to work with Windows and Linux servers.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Maritime Naval Ships team:
You will be shaping & defining the toolsets that drive & step change within the digital space for trials delivery Your role within the team will involve proactive independent work to anticipate future needs ensuring the toolsets are appropriate for future needs