Ship Aviation Design Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Location: Glasgow you will be predominately working from home with the ability to reach any of our clients sites across the UK when required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Produce Layout Drawings for Aviation compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to correctly model these spaces
- Update Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design
- Write and update Technical Equipment Specifications for review and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Aviation systems
- Support HAZIDs, Safety Reviews, Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews
- Support the development of the Aviation OPSTAT
- Act as the SME within the Aviation Integrated Platform Team (AV-IPT) and Aviation Working Groups, discussing progress against the plan and changes/updates in the design
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship Aviation systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines
- Aviation includes the design integration of:
- The Aircraft Handling System
- Design or modification of Aviation services and compartments
- Development of the Aviation safety case and development of contractual documents
- Understanding of Detail Design requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle
- Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Programme:
As a Senior Aviation Engineer, you will be working on the integration of the CH-148 Cyclone helicopter system within our exciting Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) programme. This is an excellent opportunity where you will be working on a new class of ship and aircraft covering all aspects of the operational, functional and physical/engineering for the helicopter.
This role forms part of a small team where you will be working independently at times with further development and progression opportunities available. We also have the opportunity for travel to Canada as part of the project.
If Interested in the role for Ship Aviation Design Engineer please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org