Systems Design Authority
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Systems Design Authority
Location: New Malden. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
• Providing over-arching technical assurance, authority and approval of all SMCS Project activities ranging from bid production, initial design through to In-service support, ensuring that all SMCS project deliveries are conformant to contracted requirements and mandated standards.
• Holds delegated authority from the Combat Systems Chief Engineer to certify that the submarine command system is safe and fit for purpose to be used by the end customer
• Preparing specifications for solution design, carrying out design and code reviews in accordance with project approved system and software engineering procedures
• Carry out complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options. Preparing reports with suggested recommendations and solutions for the project team and customers alike
• Act as the lead point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in all technical matters related to SMCS delivery including safety and security requirements
• Support the business in the identification of opportunities, solutions, investment decisions and bid production relevant to SMCS
• You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role.
Your skills and experiences:
• Experience of being a technical authority for delivery of systems and software programmes
• Strong experience in an engineering or defence related industry and in-depth knowledge of System Design and Requirements analysis and compliance
• Awareness/understanding of Product Safety Management techniques including Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis
• Understanding of Maritime systems
• Knowledge of Safety standards including BS EN 61508, and applicable Defence Standards
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Submarine Command Systems Integrated Project team:
The purpose of the role is to undertake a defined range of systems engineering and engineering governance activities, for a number of projects within the Submarine Command System Integrated Project Team (SMCS IPT). The system provides situation awareness (via Tactical Picture Compilation) and Weapons Management capability for all submarines in the Royal Navy flotilla including the existing Trafalgar, Astute and Vanguard classes of submarines; the Dreadnought class which is being developed; and future submarine classes, depending upon opportunity. The SMCS IPT portfolio is valued in £millions and comprises programmes spanning all stages of the lifecycle from bidding through development, in-service support and disposal. The SMCS IPT delivers a number of products and services to multiple customers within industry and the MOD. The portfolio currently includes hardware and software, including the SMCS system hardware that is still in service on some submarines. The level of hardware design change is low as the hardware is being gradually retired with the roll out of the Common Combat System for which the SMCS IPT scope of supply is primarily software focused.
If Interested in the role for Systems Design Authority, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org