Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman working closely with a client who are an engineering and manufacturing organisation who are looking increase their purchasing department with a Buyer.
This position has come available due increase in orders as well the company looking to forward and increase company size.
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Responsible to: Purchasing Manager
Interfaces with: Design, Manufacturing, Assembly and Projects.
The Major Objectives for the Buyer:
• To order parts in a timely manner to suit machine build schedule and spares requirements
• To make good commercial judgement on part prices and delivery to ensure the best options are utilised for the business
• To react to any urgent requirements and ensure best price/delivery is obtained
• Build relationships with local suppliers to ensure that we get priority service when needed.
• Ensure that suppliers are aware of errors and the cost associated with these.
• Expedite deliveries when required.
• Deliver on-time and within budget to your customer (internal)
Requirements for a Buyer:
• Knowledge of using MRP system
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and the approximation of the probable cost of items.
• Ability to negotiate with suppliers on price and delivery and investigate price break options
Knowledge / Skills for a Buyer :
• Attention to detail.
• Goal orientated
• Decision maker
• Worked within a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read engineering drawings.
• Computer literacy – MS suite plus ERP knowledge
• Good mathematics skills
• Team Player
If interested in the position of a Buyer, please contact Andrew Wilson at Hudson Shribman with you up to date CV