Website Hudson Shribman
Role Purpose and Department Purpose
To facilitate the efficient running of a pair of Haas CNC machines. Ensuring correct operation of a CNC mill and lathe to deliver components against Customer orders within stated tolerances, deadlines and Company Quality standards.
The Role and Role Specific Competencies
• To understand and implement, with minimum supervision, a set of instructions provided by the Machine Shop Manager in the form of a Job Card. This will include, for reference, technical drawings, materials and specifications etc.
• To operate either a CNC lathe or Haas milling machines according to the inputted programme, ensuring the correct material placement and machine readiness prior to starting the programme.
• To operate both a mill and lathe, which may be running concurrently, ensuring the programme is operating correctly and monitoring the cycle of the machine e.g. checking for problems such as Machine malfunction, the breakage of a cutting insert or a tool etc.
• To ensure the component output from either the mill or lathe has been produced to the specified tolerances and Quality standards as detailed on the technical drawings by visually inspecting the machined components, in addition to using various measuring equipment, i.e. Vernier callipers and micrometers.
• To debur machined components across a range of materials to ensure they meet Departmental and Quality standards e.g. ensuring the material is smooth and is within useable tolerances.
• To report to the Machine Shop Manager, or nominated deputy, any component that falls outside of acceptable tolerances and/or any error detected during or after the production process.
• To deliver finished production runs of components to the Quality Inspection Department.
• To ensure a clean and tidy working area is maintained to Departmental standards at all times.
• To undertake a thorough clean on a weekly basis of the assigned CNC lathe and mill using standard domestic cleaning materials.
• To enter job booking information onto the Company’s ERP system, i.e. Syspro, on a daily basis for planning/reporting purposes.
• To complete weekly timesheets accurately and on time.
The Role and Role Specific Competencies:
- Competent in deburring a range of materials i.e.
- plastic, steel, aluminium
- Competent in the use of measuring equipment i.e. Vernier callipers and micrometers
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Ability to input data into ERP system i.e. Syspro
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to lift between 18kg to 25kg
- Ability to read written instructions e.g. lathe/mill set up/job cards etc
- Proven experience of operating CNC mills and lathes, familiarity with Haas Controls is favourable
If Interested in the role for CNC Setter Operator, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to email@example.com