Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and integrating aviation equipment and systems primarily within ships hangar and mission bay
- Participating in key design reviews and workshops
- Delivering packages of work for the aviation capability on the Hunter programme
- Working across multiple domains, internationally and with the customer
- Ensuring compliance with the SHE Management System, mitigating risks and improving overall, SHE performance
- Working within defined schedules and budgets
- Applying Systems Engineering processes and internal working procedures to the satisfactory completion of programmes
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in Mechanical/Electrical/Marine/Systems Engineering
- CAD and 3D modelling design background on complex engineering projects
- Experience of Design and integration solutions, calculations, design sketches, drawings supporting design and assessment tasks
- Relevant experience in engineering, defence, or related industries
- Ability to propose and develop design concepts e.g. Spatial and layout designs, equipment and systems integration
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Engineering team:
As a Design Engineer within Aviation, you will be an experienced Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineer, who’s responsible for the design/integration of aviation equipment and systems primarily within ships hangar and mission bay. This will cover all aspects of the operational, functional, and physical engineering for the hangar and mission bay including, but not limited to, capital platform equipment, stowage, communications, tactical integration, weapons handling, fuelling, aircraft maintenance and handling.
This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to work on an international programme delivering frigates to the Commonwealth of Australia, enabling you to gain extensive knowledge of the aviation products from design to manufacture, build and commissioning experience, with opportunities to become an area specialist and develop your own skills. You will work with a team based in both the UK and Australia, so a degree of flexibility will be required.
If Interested in the role for Design Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.email@example.com