Website Hudson Shribman
We are looking for a great Expeditor/Assistant Buyer to manage the Supplier Purchase Order expediting process, including actioning exception messages in order to satisfy the internal Sales Forecast, customer, engineering and stock requirements. the role holder will also manage the purchasing process for allocated products/services.
- Generate and send out all Supplier Order books weekly. Update Syspro Purchase Orders with responses upon receipt of supplier delivery updates.
- Action Material Requirement Planning driven Re-schedule messages, including re-schedule in/out, cancellations.
- Manage Supplier Acknowledgements, including verification and then updating of acknowledgement against Purchase Order.
- Communicate directly with Suppliers to expedite Purchase Orders and understand the reasons for any delays.
- Work closely with and escalate to the relevant Buyer, any challenging supplier delivery delays and any supplier communication issues.
- Represent the Purchasing Department in the weekly Sales Order/Production Meeting, including preparation of answers on external shortages.
- Work closely with the Planning Team to manage and communicate supplier shortages for Production.
- Manage Supplier On Time Delivery Reporting, working towards achieving the set targets.
- Process Non-Stock Purchase Requisitions and convert into Purchase Orders.
- Action Requests for Quotations.
- Place Purchase Orders against Stock items for allocated Portfolio of categories via Materials Requirement Planning Buy messages in Syspro.
- Co-ordinate and process any New Supplier Approvals.
- Participation in Improvement activities within the Purchasing Team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong MS Office User (specifically Excel).
- Previous Expediting Experience
- Understanding of Purchasing processes and procedures
- CIPS Qualification Level 2+
- Experience within a Manufacturing Environment
- Use of an MRP System
- Syspro 7+ User
If Interested in the role for Expeditor/Assistant Buyer please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org