Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Website Hudson Shribman
Our client is a leading parts manufacturer that is currently improving and expanding processes to remain competitive within the aerospace manufacturing sector; primarily providing shim solutions directly to aircraft manufacturers such as Airbus, Boeing, and Bombardier.
The Facilities Maintenance Assistant will be extremely versatile and will primarily report to the facilities manager. The role will be responsible for ensuring that the facility is well maintained to a high health and Safety working standard and by providing support to all departments to maintain excellent housekeeping standards (using 5S principles) and good equipment reliability.
• Adhering to all health & Safety and Environmental policies
• To carry out all general building maintenance duties which include basic plumbing, basic electrical work, basic carpentry, painting, and decorating. These tasks should be carried out to the highest standard within a reasonable time frame causing minimal disruption to the business
• Maintain an effective maintenance log, monitoring and recording all arising issues
• Promoting Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) by carrying out the maintenance related quality checks on a regular and ongoing basis
• To assist with carrying out and documenting various pieces of health and safety related documentation including water, fire, and emergency lighting tests
• Carrying out basic machine diagnostics and repairs where possible and when required
• Support with the receipt and installation of machinery
• Monitor and support the cleaning staff to ensure that facility cleanliness is at a consistently high standard
• Movement of waste and scrap materials and the clean-up of spills using appropriate equipment
• Support project managers and lean representatives with continuous improvement related activities
• Use of spreadsheets to assist with organising maintenance and facility consumables
• Ensuring the site is safe and secure
• GNVQ or equivalent maintenance qualification
• Extremely organized and pays attention to detail
• Health and Safety mindset
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Handle basic maintenance, building repairs and cleaning
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Complete tasks in a timely manner
• Environmental awareness
• Computer literate (minimum requirement is basic Excel and Word)
• Handle cleaning equipment and products
• Ability to manually lift at least 15Kg
• Excellent team working skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and willing to work additional hours to complete the job
• Proactive and very energetic.
• Working period: 37.5hrs/week
• Hours: 11.00am to 7.00pm
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities within the area of work. Any significant changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.