Hardware Product Design Lead
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Principal Engineer – Hardware Product Design Lead
Location: New Malden or Broad Oak. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What a Hardware Product Design Lead will be doing:
- Lead team members in the preparation of hardware specifications, develop hardware designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out hardware design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Manage assigned resources and lead, develop and motivate assigned employees to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their accountabilities and provide a strong contribution to engineering team decisions to support the effective performance of the team.
- Carry out complex hardware analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of hardware options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Act as a point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and authority to support Product Design Certification activities including Product Safety & Environmental matters
Hardware Product Design Lead skills and experiences:
- Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment with significant experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Strong knowledge in some of the following areas:
- COTS Hardware
- Hardware design aspects
- Electrical Engineering
- Platform installation
- Environmental testing
- Hardware acceptance process
• Experience within Naval Combat Systems Development Environment across multiple lifecycle phases.
• Knowledge of the Naval domain
• Good understanding of LCM & the Engineering Lifecycle