Installation and Commissioning Lead Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job Title: Principal Engineer – Installation and Commissioning Lead
Location: Broad Oak with regular travel expected to UK naval shipyards, e.g., Glasgow Portsmouth & Edinburgh. Hybrid working 2/3 days per week in home/office.
What you’ll be doing:
- To undertake the Engineering leadership role for the Installation and Commissioning of Combat Systems Hardware Products
- Determination of the processes to be enacted for the installation and commissioning of CS Hardware Product onto target platforms and land-based support locations
- Overseeing the physical installation of CS Hardware Products.
- Liaison with, and coordination of CS and external resources in order to facilitate physical installation, integration and commissioning up to final acceptance
- Devising and owning the plan of work to be undertaken, identifying dependencies, and ensuring these are in place and the activities are progressing to plan
- Acting as the point of contact for each location during the install and commissioning phases
- Being present to coordinate planned activities associated with the installation and commissioning of CS hardware products
- Estimating, planning and coordinating all material and people resourcing required for the execution of the work to be, and being undertaken
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering background
- Experience in a defence related industry
- Understanding and articulating the engineering lifecycle
- Understanding how technical reviews ensure product viability
- Proficient in process planning and generating technical documentation
- Specific knowledge of ship type IT system hardware
- Experience of dockyard environment
- General Combat Systems products
- Experience of process to get hardware and system deliveries on to Naval platforms
- Knowledge of requirements for Product Safety & (Physical) Environmental impacts
- Production of electrical data connectivity and power cabling
- Electrical safety testing
- Mechanical assembly techniques and tools
- Experience with Commercial Off The Shelf (CoTS) hardware
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts.
As a Principal Engineer – Installation and Commissioning Lead team:
You will be responsible for the Process for Installation and Commissioning of hardware to support the Combat Systems business product. As a The Principle Engineer you will report into the Concurrent Product Development Group Manager.