Mechanical Design Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a special purpose machine manufacturing company developing complex machinery.
Main Responsibilities as Mechanical Design Engineer:
• To specify, design and detail mechanical components and assemblies to develop innovative mechanical solutions.
• To liaise closely with the Project Manager and Project Team to identify design requirements: function, reliability, cost, serviceability, and ensure the design integrates correctly.
• Using Inventor to produce assembly drawings and detail drawings specifying materials, machining tolerances and assembly notes.
• To produce bills of materials specifying bought out components and their source of supply.
• To obtain cost effective quotations from vendors for manufactured parts.
• Throughout the build process, to provide technical support to the manufacturing production team, procurement department and the design team, provide assistance with test and build procedures, and the transfer of the product to the manufacturing and the customer.
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
• A minimum of HNC/HND or equivalent practical experience in a mechanical engineering environment.
• Have a minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing design, preferably in a multi-disciplinary manufacturing environment.
• Experience in Mechanisms, Jigs and Fixtures, sheet metal, pneumatics, and safe machine design.
• Extensive use of a 3D CAD system, preferably Inventor.
• Competent with the use of Office software and MRP systems.
• Ability to follow instructions/procedures and work under pressure.
• Great communication skills.
If interested in the role as mechanical design engineer, please contact Cameron Anderson-Lee at Hudson Shribman.