Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman are seeking a Mechanical Fitter for leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices for an Aerospace & Defence organisation.
Job Purpose: To overhaul and repair of Hydraulic / Mechanical Components; to include disassembly, cleaning, inspection, fault finding, repair, re-assembly and testing in accordance with procedures from CMM’s & Overhaul Manuals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To disassemble Hydraulic / Mechanical components down to their sub / individual components.
- Carry out inspections duties which range from:
(1) Interpreting technical data
(2) fault diagnosis
(3) identify component wear, damage, or corrosion
(4) Using precise calibrated measuring equipment
(5) Populate and complete computer-generated documentation
- Working from Technical data carry out assembly of various Hydraulic and Mechanical assemblies, components ready for final testing / final inspection
- Working from Technical data support the test bay engineer by testing various hydraulic / pneumatic units using test procedures and populating test reports on completion.
- Maintain and ensure implementation of all standard operating practices and procedures.
- Ensure strict compliance and implementation of all safety standards.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained in accordance with CAA, EASA, FAA and company procedures.
- Support the Production Supervisor and Hydraulic Team Leader with delivering the day to day needs of the Hydraulic Workshop operations.
- Comply with health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Other duties as required related to Operations or the business needs.
- Ensure quality requirements are always met.
- Ensure all training both internal and external is recorded and passed to the Quality Department.
- Ensure all your team are aware of the relevant Environmental, Health and Safety requirements for working in FPBU, paying attention to areas of high risk or containing significant hazards.
- Proven knowledge and understanding in the disassembly and assembly of Hydraulic and Mechanical assemblies, components. (desirable).
- Proven knowledge within the Aerospace industry (desirable).
- Previous experience of in a production workshop environment repairing and overhauling Hydraulic and Mechanical assemblies, components (highly desirable).
- Background in mechanical or hydraulic engineering (essential).
Qualifications & Competencies
- Computer and Microsoft Office literate (desirable)
- Numerate and literate – minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English (essential).
- Relevant professional qualification, BTEC ONC / HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (desirable).
- A high level of numeracy and literacy is required, as well as an ability to interpret and follow in detail compliance manuals.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines is essential, whilst maintaining a high degree of quality, workmanship and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams.
- Customer focused and able to build and maintain robust customer relationships.
- Strong analytical, administrative and organisation skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of communicating accurate and concise information at all levels.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Well organised and self-motivated.
Salary up to £29,000
If interested in the Mechanical Fitter role, please contact Cameron Anderson-Lee at Hudson Shribman