Mechanical Systems Technical Authority
Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and manage technical projects and engineering staff or business partnerships/sub-contracts
- Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through conceptual and bid phases
- Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured
- Lead by example, sets high personal standards and willing to travel
- Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the Operational Framework and that compliance with all engineering policies is maintained
Your skills and experiences:
- Good technical engineer expertise from first principals, by experience and expertise, in Marine Engineering mechanical Systems
- Recognised as a specialist within the mechanical and auxiliary engineering discipline
- Experience in an engineering discipline in a senior role that has demonstrated relevant domain knowledge and leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience of shipbuilding, operations processes and modern build strategies
- Experienced in Life Cycle Management reviews of bids and programmes
- Commercial Awareness
Engineers at this level should be degree qualified in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Some disciplines may require a master’s level education. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Future Projects Team:
You will be part of a dynamic, flexible, and adaptable team, applying cutting edge technology and processes and involved in the conceptual design and development of a new portfolio of Naval warships.
You will have the opportunity to work within the vanguard of technological advance, a role where no two days are the same, as well as the chance for excellent career progression opportunities within the team, and the wider business.
If Interested in the role for Mechanical Systems Technical Authority, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org