Model Based Systems Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Your main responsibilities as a Model Based Systems Engineer will involve:
• Participating in architecture development and digital engineering initiatives including the development of architecture views of the operational problem space and the solution space
• Applying MBSE tools and techniques to capture and analyse system functions, services, interfaces, requirements, and concepts of operations to support system architecture and design
• Supporting requirements analysis and functional allocation of hardware, software, operator and other segments and components of the system(s) within the models
• Producing model views, including SysML and NAFv4 products to support programme milestones and documentation
• Contributing to the development of ways of working, tools, processes, schemas and people to enhance the collaboration environment
• Building trusting relationships across the programmes, drawing together product development lines from multiple business units
Your skills and qualifications:
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering of large systems architectures, though experience or qualification in particular knowledge of ISO15288 processes
• Experience with system modelling languages preferably SysML and/or UML
• Experience of Information modelling, for example in support of interface standards
• Knowledge of architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, MODAF, NAF
• Experience with system modelling tools preferably Cameo / MagicDraw
• Knowledge of one or more Mission Planning tools, Tactical Data Links, Autonomous Vehicles would be beneficial
• Requirement’s definition, analysis, flow-down and traceability
• Understanding of test and acceptance processes against requirements
• Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset (Confluence, Jira etc.)
What we’re looking for in you:
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling you to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders. You can take the initiative and work autonomously.
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged and will be supported to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
Preference will also be given to Systems Engineers that have achieved a certification level with INCOSE (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP).
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.