Website Hudson Shribman
Would you like play a key role within MarLabs, combining technical capabilities in modelling and analysis with technologist driven innovation to help inform our customers and stakeholders as well as driving innovation in cutting edge and future defence capability? We currently have a vacancy for an Operational Analyst at any of our sites in Farnborough / Frimley / Portsmouth (Naval Base/Broad Oak).
As an Operational Analyst, you will join our growing team of Analysts and Technologists, working alongside stakeholders across the UK and international defence community.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of senior customers & stakeholders, with OA that is driven by innovation.
Your main responsibilities as an Operational Analyst will involve:
• Working within and/or leading tasks to deliver analysis projects to time, cost and quality
• Engaging with customers, stakeholders and SMEs to understand their problem space and develop analytical approaches and outcomes
• Working with SMEs, Military Advisors and other SQEP’ to gather or generate data for analysis
• Ensuring that the appropriate technical assurance is applied to analytical work to ensure that it is fit-for-purpose
• Communicating and presenting findings to customers and stakeholders.
• Delivering written reports
• Building and maintaining relationships with customers, stakeholders and SMEs
• Supporting business innovation
Your skills and qualifications:
• Experience of delivering analysis projects within the defence sector
• Experience working with customers and stakeholders on analytical tasks or projects
• Experience of a range of soft’ OA approaches and methods (e.g. Capability gap analysis, requirements capture, CONOPs assessment, concept assessment, cost benefit analysis, balance of investment, wargaming, use case development etc.)
• Experience defining customer’s problems, scoping, developing and executing a suitable concept of analysis
• A higher (Masters) degree in either a numerate subject or war studies or International Relations/Modern History (or relevant experience to offset)
• Experience designing and facilitating data gathering workshops with stakeholders/SMEs/Military Advisors
• Familiarity of wargaming and/or wargaming approaches (professional or hobby)
• Familiarity of Human In The Loop’ experimentation
Additional Skills & Experiences of Interest:
• Familiarity of Monte Carlo / stochastic modelling
• Experience of one or more of the following (Excel/VBA, R, Alteryx, Python, Power BI, Tableau, LUA scripting)
What we’re looking for in you:
You will have excellent communication skills, this will help to display your ability of working effectively in multi-organisational teams and adaptability to new challenges, whilst also being able to work independently or within a small team.
These above skills will showcase your natural inquisitiveness, to challenge the status quo, whilst building effective working relationships through working with customers and a wide range of other stakeholders of varying seniority. This will help to define customer problems and carry out a suitable concept of analysis. Naturally you will also have an interest in defence issues such as future capability and doctrine.
Location: Farnborough / Frimley / Portsmouth (Naval Base/Broad Oak).
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive
Flexible Working: Attracting and retaining the sharpest minds is essential for a globally competitive business. Our aim is to recruit the very best talent and we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, from all backgrounds, with many different skills, experience and perspectives. We offer the flexibility you need to do what’s important to you, whether that’s job sharing, home working, or simply the ability to flex your start and stop times. Where practical, we’ll support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your full potential.