Oracle APEX Developer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Oracle APEX Developer
Location: Glasgow, Filton or Portsmouth. Potential for occasional travel between other UK sites when safe to do so to meet customer needs. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering reliable, scalable and performant solutions using Oracle APEX.
- Engaging in the full systems development lifecycle undertaking business analysis, requirements capture, design, development, implementation and testing in accordance with the relevant processes and quality standards.
- Maintaining and supporting existing APEX applications following a defined change management process.
- Working in a dynamic environment with fellow developers, analysts, and customers.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities to drive business efficiency and innovation.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of front-end application development using Oracle APEX. Minimum of 3 years.
- Proven Oracle database skills i.e., Relational Database design, SQL and PL/SQL, working with packages, procedures, functions, triggers, constraints and materialised views
- Knowledge of RESTful Web/Data Services
- Knowledge of APEX Office Print
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The in-house APEX team:
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with analysts and developers to understand the needs of the business, tease out their requirements and the data required to fulfil it. You will transform and develop this insight into solutions that are used across all areas of the business.
As an Oracle Apex Developer, you will be joining at an exciting time as we grow to meet current program needs in the UK and recent export wins including the Hunter Class Frigate for the Australian Navy and the Canadian Surface Combatant.
You will gain exposure to the whole business which present opportunities for further development and progression within the wider business.