Parts Purchasing Assistant
Website Hudson Shribman
Job Description – Parts Purchasing Assistant
Hudson Shribman are seeking a Parts Purchasing Assistant for an automotive company in Wokingham
Purpose of the Role
Organise all parts for recreation cars – Create shelves in the Parts department for dry build parts and post paint parts to ensure they are ready for the arrival of vehicles. Find out lead times for outstanding parts.
• Create work lists for the Machine shop and Fabrication shop.
• Assist with manufacturing for the Machine shop and Fabrication shop, as well as book in all parts.
• Add all parts and part batches to each department lists, including Quality Control, and prioritise.
• Add all part numbers and batch numbers to the internal CRM system to enable staff to record their hours to them. This includes some jobs and job numbers for the Workshop and Engine shop.
• Make final decisions on parts that arrive out of spec from internal & external.
• Work alongside the Accounts Department with end of month invoicing and make sure all parts on the internal parts system (Orderwise) are charged out and dispatched.
• Approve invoices weekly for every department and make sure these are being charged to cars and customers.
• Organise external jobs such as plating, splining, machining. Send parts and create PO’s.
• Liaise with all suppliers about parts on order.
• Gather quotes for all new parts drawn.
• Assist the sales team to fulfil all parts on sales orders to ensure that they are dispatched in a timely manner.
• Continue to improve the parts website by taking photos of parts and uploading them to the website.
• Take regular stock takes of important stock parts to make sure they are available to sell and build to cars.
• Constantly assessing the market and improving the quality of parts by changing suppliers where necessary or discussing new design or material of parts.
• Assist with R&D tax return preparations.
• 2 years’ experience in a similar purchasing role (Automotive/Engineering)
• Ability to work quickly and accurately with spreadsheets and internal software systems.
• Comfortable working to deadlines.
• Eye for detail
• Analytical skills used to confidently make commercial decisions regarding the quality and cost of parts and preferred suppliers.
• Excellent communication with internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers and customers.
• Peer relationships with the ability to work as part of a team and integrate across the business.
• Flexibility and the ability to establish priorities and change them when needed.
•£12 – £16 per hr depending on experience
• 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and optional holiday purchase scheme
• On-site parking
• Hours -8am-5pm, Monday to Friday 42.5 hours (30 min unpaid lunch, 2 x 15 min paid breaks)