Principal Electrical Design Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
• Day to day management of the PM&C Design Team engineers
• Working with the Type 26 Platform team and the supplier to resolve technical issues and queries impacting systems development.
• Working with the Type 26 Platform Team, Supply Chain and Project Management to manage the impact of platform and system change on the PM&C scope of supply
• Working with Supply Chain to review Supplier Design Deliverables for both hardware and software artefacts
• Managing attendance at supplier design reviews, including working with platform teams to provide SME support and the customer to ensure they are represented
• Working with other parts of the PM&C team to ensure physical integration of PM&C equipment to the ship and delivery of hardware and software to support the Ship build programme
Your skills and experiences:
• Experience of working in complex delivery programmes across a number of engineering lifecycle phases
• Experience in Requirements Management and associated toolsets e.g. DOORS
• Experience of Change/Configuration Management
• Experience of people management
• Experience of technical supplier management
• Experience in serial and discrete interface design
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Type 26 PM&C Team:
This is excellent opportunity where you will provide technical leadership and guidance as the team lead for T26 Platform Monitoring and Control (PM&C) Software Release and Hardware Delivery Management, monitoring the team outputs to ensure they meet the needs of the programme.
If Interested in the role for Principal Electrical Design Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.email@example.com