Principal Engineer – Systems – Physical Integration
Website Hudson Shribman
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Physical Integration Engineer will involve:
• Determine how to integrate equipment into existing platforms and produce clear, concise design reports describing the intended physical integration solution.
• Support the development of bid packages for supply contractors and major system components and review reports related to non-conformance by subcontractors and suppliers as required.
• Liaison with Customers, Equipment Suppliers and Warship Technical Authorities to determine optimum integration solutions.
• Support the installation of Combat System Equipment and associated infrastructure.
• Overseeing overall system installation work.
• Producing the guidance for installation & STW (Setting to Work) of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) equipment.
• Working with the Project Leads and relevant Project Manager to support project reporting and governance in accordance with the appropriate business Processes.
• Conducting regular process confirmations to ensure compliance and adherence to the published processes and procedures for installations on-board Royal Navy vessels.
• Supporting the Head of Integration Services in interactions with the wider Naval Ships Management, Corporate governance and other stakeholders as required.
• Undertaking the provision of Installation Specifications and Installation Inspection Schedules and associated Certification.
• Managing Installation Activities.
Your skills and qualifications:
• Previous experience of Physical Integration activities/deliverables
• Proficiency of all Microsoft packages
• HNC qualified or equivalent qualification/experience (Engineering/Technology or Science related discipline)
• Knowledge of Export Control, Information Assurance and Product and Environmental Safety requirements
• Understanding of Lifecycle Management (LCM) and the Engineering Lifecycle.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• AutoCAD experience
• Experience with Document Management Control Programmes
• Knowledge of the Naval domain
• Experience of working within multiple stakeholder projects
What we are looking for in you:
You will be a self-starter, with the ability to identify and prioritise tasks, managing complex issues on multiple projects balancing customer needs to business priorities. You will have an innovative and creative approach, through complex problem analysis, providing solutions to minimise project risk and find real solutions that are of benefit to the team.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.