Principal Gunnery Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
· As a Principal Gunnery Engineer, you will develop a working proficiency across all aspects of the associated gunnery MMIs, HCIs and Panels; and an understanding of the operation of the gunnery systems as a whole
· Safe operation of the gunnery system during installation, commission, functional integration and trials
· Attendance at the harbour & sea trials
· Documentation of issues arising, and proactively supporting their resolution in a timely manner; including where necessary engagement with the BAES P&S gunnery Supplier
Your skills and experiences:
· A level of Gunnery background in one or more of the following: Design & Development, Commissioning, Naval Operations
· Able to attend USA based training programme
· Willing to learn and apply new skills
· Experience in operating complex machinery via MMIs, HCIs and/or Panels
· Naval Gunnery experience, either as Gun Operator or by participation in the installation and integration of Gun Systems, up to and including live firing trials
· Knowledge / exposure to MoD MCTA (Maritime Commissioning Test & Assessment) certification processes
· Possess sufficient accrued experience to be recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Gunnery team:
The T26 Global Combat Ship is being developed to be a world-class Anti-submarine warfare ship, capable of undertaking a wide range of defensive and humanitarian roles.
The role is part of the T26 Gunnery team and is aimed at taking the Gunnery System from its completed Installation state to a proven safe working system state ready for operational usage.
If Interested in the role for Principal Gunnery Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to email@example.com