Principal Marine Systems Integration Engineer
Website Resourcing Global Solutions Limited
What you’ll be doing:
- As a Principal Marine engineer, you will be working with the Power & Propulsion team to support the commissioning, demonstration and acceptance of the integrated system. You will be supporting the test, trial and acceptance programme, in accordance with Naval Ship standards, processes and best practice. This role will include the following typical tasks:
- Working with the Test and Commissioning team in the generation of the Integrated P&P system test forms
- Co-ordinate the relationships between the P&P acceptance event schedule and the integrated P&P functional requirements
- Monitor overall P&P acceptance status and report findings
- Witness and support P&P acceptance events at Ship
- Liaise with the R&A (Requirements and acceptance) team to achieve the sign-off of Whole Ship Requirements related to P&P systems
- Support the Integration team, when required, to resolve emergent integration issues within the Marine Systems
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of integrated Marine systems, specialising in propulsion, electrical or control engineering
- Knowledge of approval and acceptance life cycle
- Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications. Ideally, you will be chartered.
- Knowledge of integrated power and propulsion systems
- Understanding of systems engineering
- Trail scheduling experience
- Understanding of Ministry of Defence acceptance processes
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Naval Ships team:
As a Principal Engineer – Marine Systems Integration Engineer, you will provide specialist engineering expertise to support the integrated Power and Propulsion test, evaluation and acceptance programme during Type 26 Setting to Work and Trials. You will also provide technical support in the physical and functional integration of P&P systems, comprising Power Generation, Propulsion, Ancillary systems and related control and monitoring interfaces.
This role will support the Marine Systems and P&P Technical Authorities in enabling their authorisation of Test and Acceptance evidence, by gathering the evidence and ensuring requisite records are developed and maintained through the programme.
If Interested in the role for Principal Marine Systems Integration Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.email@example.com