Principal Network Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Principal Shared Infrastructure Network Engineer
Would you like to play a key role in the development of a network that will be utilised on the current, and in future, Royal Navy Platforms? Would you like to have the opportunity to see your work have real world outcomes? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Shared Infrastructure Network Engineers to join us at our sites in either New Malden or Frimley, with hybrid and flexible working options available.
As a Principal Network Engineer, you will be delivering an integrated, performant Network system as part of a larger Combat System product in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Network engineering team leader. You will be working on the design, implementation and integration of a network being developed in a lab environment for the T26, T45 or QEC Aircraft Carrier Platforms.
- Your main responsibilities as a Principal Shared Infrastructure Network Engineer:
- Design, Installation and configuration of a complex network architecture to ensure the network meets its availability and performance requirements
- Resolution and implementation of solutions to Observations raised on the network sub-system
- Undertaking investigations into operational problems or developments and developing and preparing solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Involved in getting the T26 infrastructure accepted into service by the Royal Navy with the opportunity to potentially see the T26 in build
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience of producing and reviewing network high level and low level designs (HLD and LLD)
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Current Juniper JNCIA, and JNCIS or JNCIP certification
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- Administration and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 Enterprise
- Experience of other operating/hypervisor systems including VMware ESXi Server 6, Linux (RedHat)
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies (iSCSI)
- Registered as Chartered Engineer or equivalent or capable of achieving registration through an Engineering Council licenced Institution within a period of 12 months
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and Solarwinds
What we are looking for in you:
- You will be an enthusiastic and keen team player that is motivated to achieve the best outcomes.
Location: New Malden or Frimley – Hybrid working available
Salary: £45,000 – £60,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.