Principal Software Virtualisation Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Principal Engineer Software – Virtualisation Specialist
Location: New Malden.
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Complex technical analyses/evaluation/selection of technical options. Preparing recommendation reports to support problems resolution and capability improvement
- operational problem investigations to develop solutions
- Preparing specifications, developing designs, quality and technical standards, design appraising to ensure standards are maintained
- Acting as the main PoC with customers/suppliers on engineering matters, resolving complex issues, and maintaining awareness of objectives
- Capturing requirements, designing, implementing and testing software for the system, focusing on the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure of Common Console, (displaying multiple equipment’s on a shared glass-space)
- Supporting bid preparation
Your skills and experiences:
- Large System Development experience; to implement and integrate complex technical solutions
- Significant VMware experience with VMWare HorizonView (ideally v6+), vGPU
- Ability to capture and document system design and changes
- VMware qualified
- Experience with some of: VNC, RDP, RemoteApp, PCoIP, Powershell scripting/automation
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) development experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Naval Ships Combat Systems team:
The team design, develop, integrate, and support combat systems that enable navies to protect nations. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with modern technology in a unique defence/MoD project.