Principal Systems Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead management and maintenance of requirements using requirements development practices, including compliance details, traceability, acceptance characteristics and acceptance evidence
- Lead management and maintenance of supplier acceptance evidence and support customer approvals
- Act as the senior point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Manage and produce reports on acceptance status and forecast across the whole ship at supplier and customer level
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Maintaining a level of SQEP for the role through personal and professional development
Your skills and experiences:
- Competence and capability with requirements capture and management software tools e.g. Rationale software tools such as DOORS, etc.
- A good understanding of the engineering lifecycle
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel
- A good understanding of configuration management principles
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Requirements and Acceptance Team:
As a Requirements and Acceptance Engineer, you will be required to lead in the development and management of project requirements, supporting the development of the early stages of system design. You may also be responsible for developing and collating evidence to demonstrate to the customer that the requirements have been met.