Product Development Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Product Development Engineer
Location: Glascoed, near Newport – South Wales, under a hybrid working environment.
What you’ll be doing:
• As a Product Development Engineer, you will be assisting product design and system engineering activities for new and legacy products
• The configuration and maintenance of engineering Bills of Materials (BOM) for products
• Facilitating product design and evaluation/ down selection e.g. Pugh Matrices, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
• Coordination of theoretical simulations e.g. (thermal, structural, fluids and aerodynamics)
• The management of suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule
• Lifecycle management from concept to disposal
• Working as part of an integrated project team, including regular engagement with all stakeholders
Your skills and experiences:
• Report and specification writing skills are essential
• Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent qualification or experience within mechanical engineering
• Demonstrable mechanical engineering experience
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and models
• Capability/ experience of producing high-quality technical reports
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Product Development team:
As a Product Development Engineer you will be working on a high-profile development program within the ACS team where the opportunity to expand and grow your knowledge within mechanical engineering is available.
If Interested in the role for Product Development Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.email@example.com