Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman are looking for a Product Engineer
This position may require a combination of high level technical ability and an element of management, at a junior level, of the activities of a team of product engineers.
Product Engineer Requirement
- Detailed design of the product to specification meeting the performance, reliability and cost (NRC & RC) requirements.
- Provide technical support to the customer, project team, suppliers and other agencies i.e. CSA, EASA etc.
- Create and deliver technical presentations to other AW Advanced Sensors employees, customer and suppliers.
- To estimate the design engineering activities and guarantee they are met.
- Responsible for identification and mitigation of technical risks.
- To be aware of and comply with current technology export control legislation.
- Be accountable for providing 100% of the agreed project deliverables to the Project Management Office or relevant project team member, within agreed timescales, and support the delivery of all assigned project critical success factors.
- To collaborate with the New Technology team and keep abreast of current technologies.
- Generate the product specification, if required.
- Participate in both internal and external design reviews.
- Responsible for validation and verification of the design e.g. testing, test sequence, similarity/analysis reports, defining number of units required and supporting build of prototype/development units.
- Responsible for documenting the design information in terms of drawings, parts, material specifications, bills of materials and design file (logbook) etc.
- Ensure that the design is capable of meeting reliability targets for the product taking into account any field or other experience relating to similar products.
- Define, organise, analyse and report all necessary reliability demonstration activities.
- Support identification of key characteristics or critical to quality functions.
- Support the Win New Business process.
- Responsible for the configuration control of the part liaising with the project manager.
- Understanding of design tools e.g. DFMEA, DFx etc.
- Perform the role of Concept Design Engineer, if required.
- Form a close liaison with the Manufacturing Engineer to ensure that the agreed design satisfies manufacturability.
- Assist with the day-to-day line management of engineers.
- Deputies for the Engineering Manager and represent the Product Team as required.
- Delegated responsibility for the management of technical support to production.
- Ensure sufficient integration with Manufacturing to assure manufacturability.
- Assist with the integration of the dual site Product Teams as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Continuously improve the efficient of the Product Team and Engineering Department.
- Provide technical support for existing products to all other areas of the business.
- As part of a team, design environmental tools and fixtures.
- If Design Authority, responsible for approval of design data, Change and Non-conformance disposition.
- CAD capability is desirable.
- Perform the role of R&D Engineer, TRL 1-5, if required.
- Act as a PEER reviewer, depending on experience.