Website Hudson Shribman
Role Purpose and Department Purpose
To coordinate and report on the production fulfilment process to meet the Production Planning Schedules. This includes helping to manage Materials Shortages for Sales, Project and Engineering requirements to ensure the on-time fulfilment of Work in Progress.
The Role and Role Specific Competencies
• Monitor the execution of production plans and resolve any potential issues in a timely fashion. Communicate any delays to relevant stakeholders.
• Investigate any production problems, delays, interruptions, shortages and analyse root causes and provide solutions.
• Work closely with the Purchasing Team to monitor and chase Material Shortages.
• To monitor WIP (Work in Progress) build, kit progress in stores and progress of works orders to achieve sales order/engineering requirements, utilising Syspro.
• Work closely with assigned Production Cells to monitor WIP On Time Delivery to ensure Customer Sales Order Delivery requirements and Engineering/Project Delivery requirements are met.
• Review and Monitor WIP Jobs to ensure Job completion, reduce open WIP jobs and ensure required transactions are carried out in Syspro accordingly.
• Co-ordinate and action Engineering Change Notes (ECN’s) and Non Conformities (NCR’s) on behalf of the Materials Control Function for assigned products/production cells.
• Regularly review standard times, maintain correct routing times and capture accurate costing of products.
• Assist in planning Inventory Management processes to avoid shortages and excesses.
• Create and Maintain reports for Production Planning Activities and sequences.
• Participation in Stocktake Activity.
• Participation in Improvement activities focusing on balancing Customer Service Level with Cost and Inventory.
• Represent the Production Planning function in meetings (for Sales Orders, Projects, NPI Requirements).
• Assist with the generation of Key Performance Indicators for the Materials function.
• Assist with the generation and documenting of Processes & Procedures for the Materials function.
• Provide Cover for other members of Materials Control Team as required.
Proven experience as a Production Planner in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment.
Use of an MRP System in the Planning Function
Strong MS Office User (specifically Excel)
Syspro User(Syspro 7+ ideal)
If Interested in the role for Production Planner, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org