Website Hudson Shribman
KEY JOB PURPOSE
- Manage and improve the efficiency of the quality assurance department.
- Reduce non-conformance costs and aim at right first time with zero customer complaints.
- Progress towards total quality ownership of all employees.
- Review and update operations and processes to ensure that they conform to established total quality standards
- Assure product quality and strive for continual total quality improvement.
- Develop cost effective processes to ensure that total quality is promoted.
- Maintain relevant ISO and AS EN 9100 certifications or equivalent and any other area of best practices.
- Provide Management team support, advice and assistance.
- Identify quality costs and work diligently to reduce.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers concerning drawing queries, concessions or any other problem arising within Department, in accordance with procedures. Visit customers/suppliers as directed/needed to improve relations and provide required service.
- Provide timely Inspection and Quality support service to operations, achieving scheduled lead-times.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Quality Department: –
- All forms of inspection and testing include, i.e., 1st off Intermediate and Final Inspection and compiling analysis reports.
- To supervise on inspection methods and perform, also specify and request any specialised equipment or tooling when necessary to fulfil inspection needs or improve the service provided.
- Liaise with Production Associates/Operators, when necessary, on methods of rectification/re-work etc.
- Provide QA training, including training of Operators in all aspects of inspection techniques and equipment, including the preparation of inspection equipment work instruction.
- Produce FAIR and 8Ds.
- Undertake CMM programming as required.
- Assisting in the effective management of the entire measurement and test equipment calibration system. Ensure proper use through education, processes, audits (no metal-to-metal contact on shop floor, no multiple equipment…)
- Managing NCR database and provide quality assurance to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manage External and Internal Audits.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
• The successful candidate will report to the Operations Director.
• A minimum of three years recent experience, with proven success in a similar role.
• PC literate with competence in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to train employees in quality related areas.
• Strong knowledge of inspection techniques, including:
1.The ability to interpret mechanical engineering drawings and determine appropriate measuring techniques.
2.The ability to produce credible inspection and associated reports.
3.Sound knowledge of programming CMM in PC-Dmis, supported by a certificate of competence in CMM programming issued by the CMM manufacturer or agent.
• Mechanical Engineering Qualification
• ISO 9000 Auditor qualification.
• Strong knowledge and experience in managing Quality Management System
If interested please contact Andrew Wilson at Hudson Shribman to discuss on 0203 9093785.